Vanilla JS Plugins
These are hand-selected plugins that I would actually use or have used on a project.
As a result, the list is a lot shorter than some of the bigger “plugin repositories” you’ll find on the web. Ideally, the quality is better.
Note: Plugins with a 👋 next to them are ones that I wrote or manage.
Hide & Show Content
- 👋 Houdini. A progressively enhanced expand-and-collapse and accordion widget.
- 👋 Modals. Simple, mobile-friendly modal dialogue windows.
- 👋 Tabby. Lightweight toggle tabs.
- ScrollReveal. Easy scroll animations.
- 👋 Smooth Scroll. Animate scrolling to anchor links.
- 👋 Gumshoe. A framework agnostic scrollspy script.
- 👋 Astro. A responsive, mobile-first navigation menu.
- 👋 Drop. Mobile-friendly dropdown menus.
- Offside.js. Simple off-canvas navigation menus.
Design & Layout
- 👋 Reef. A simple, lightweight alternative to React, Vue, and other bloated frameworks.
- 👋 safeInnerHTML.js. Sanitizes string-based HTML before injecting it into the DOM to reduce the risk of XSS attacks.
- 👋 Right Height. Set variable content containers to equal height.
- 👋 Sticky Footer. Dynamic, responsive sticky footers.
- Vanilla FitText.js. Create scalable headlines that fill the width of a parent element.
- Rellax. A lightweight parallax library.
- 👋 Form Saver. Let users save, reuse, and delete form data.
- 👋 X-Ray. Let users toggle password visibility.
Photos & Video
- PhotoSwipe. An amazing photo gallery plugin.
- Swiper. Rich touch-supported sliders.
- FluidVids. Add true responsive support to your video embeds.
- Media Player. A tiny, totally cross browser, accessible, fully customizable media player.
Touch, Gesture, and Keyboard Support
- Hammer. A complex touch gesture support library.
- Sortable. Create sortable, interactive lists.
- Egg.js. Add hidden easter eggs to your site with keystroke combinations.
Feature Detection & Progressive Enhancement
- features.js. A lightweight feature detection library.
- loadCSS. Asynchronously load CSS files.
- 👋 bin. A tiny
- 👋 jar. A tiny helper library that makes working with cookies easier.
- 👋 atomic. Easily make Ajax/HTTP requests.
- 👋 bouncer. A lightweight form validation script that augments native HTML5 form validation elements and attributes.