Vanilla JS Libraries
These are hand-selected libraries that I would actually use or have used on a project.
As a result, the list is a lot shorter than some of the bigger “library repositories” you’ll find on the web. Ideally, the quality is better.
⏰🦉 Early Bird Sale! Today through Monday, get 40% off registration in the next session of the Vanilla JS Academy.
- Shoelace. A modern UI library built with native Web Components and vanilla JS.
- Houdini. A progressively enhanced expand-and-collapse and accordion widget.
- Tabby. Lightweight toggle tabs.
- A11Y Modal Dialog. An accessible modal dialogue script.
- Sortable Tables. A tutorial on accessible sortable table columns.
- ScrollReveal. Easy scroll animations.
- Gumshoe. A framework agnostic scrollspy script.
- Offside.js. Simple off-canvas navigation menus.
- Reef. A simple, lightweight alternative to React, Vue, and other bloated frameworks.
- Vanilla FitText.js. Create scalable headlines that fill the width of a parent element.
- Rellax. A lightweight parallax library.
- DOMPurify. An HTML cross-site scripting sanitizer.
- X-Ray. Let users toggle password visibility.
- PhotoSwipe. An amazing photo gallery plugin.
- Swiper. Rich touch-supported sliders.
- Bouncer. A lightweight form validation script that augments native HTML5 form validation elements and attributes.
Get Daily Developer Tips
Hate the complexity of modern front‑end web development? I send out a short email each weekday on how to build a simpler, more resilient web. Join over 14k others.